Purolator Announces 2021 Carrier of the Year Award Winners
Recognizing partner carriers that demonstrate exceptional results in safety and customer service
TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2022 —Today Purolator announced the recipients of its 2021 Carrier of the Year Awards. Besner Transport received both Purolator’s Eastern Canada Service Award and the Eastern Canada Safety Award. EBD Enterprises Inc. received Purolator’s Western Canada Service Award, and I.S. Cargo received Purolator’s Western Canada Safety Award. In the United States, Top Dawg Group was named the 2021 Agent of the Year, and Castle Aviation was named the 2021 Carrier of the Year.
“Congratulations to these carriers for their outstanding professionalism and performance,” said Joe Lombardo, Director, Transportation, Purolator. “We are proud to celebrate these top-performing linehaul carriers and agents that reflect Purolator’s corporate values and help us successfully deliver for our customers.”
Introduced in 2009, the Purolator Carrier of the Year Award objectively evaluates Purolator carriers in several key areas, including on-time performance, peak-season performance and green initiatives. The evaluation also looks at carrier fitness, which includes fuel efficiency, cost-reduction initiatives, contingency plans and continuous improvement initiatives
In the U.S., Purolator’s subsidiary Purolator International selects the Carrier of the Year and Agent of the Year Awards to recognize critical transportation services for shipments headed from the U.S. to Purolator’s induction facilities in Canada. Selection criteria include the metrics of total weight, year-on-year cost and on-time performance.
- “Winning both Purolator’s Carrier of the Year Eastern Canada Service and Safety Awards is a concrete recognition of our constant efforts to be the best for safety and service, as we have been for the last 40 years. Being rigorous and proactive are the keys to our success.” — François LeBlanc, General Manager, Besner Transport
- “I.S. Cargo Corporation is grateful to receive this award. Our employees truly care about maintaining safety standards on the job and setting positive examples for each other. We have a safety and maintenance program in place, which every driver, employee and new hire follows, to ensure contractors and subcontractors follow our company and vendors’ safety policies.” — Sergey Rozenberg, Director, I.S. Cargo Corp.
- “EBD Enterprises is honoured to win the award as we strive to give the very best service we can with all our customers. We have been in business for 40 years, and that has been possibly because of our great team and customers. Safety and service excellence are always our top priority.” Bruce Danylchuk, President, EBD Enterprises
- “We at Top Dawg Group are elated to win the award for 2021. We strive for perfection and appreciate it when our hard work is recognized. Purolator is our partner in growth and success.” — Anthony Sagaris, VP and Owner, Top Dawg Group
- “Castle Aviation is proud of this award because we greatly value the more than 20-year partnership between our two organizations. With shared values of performance excellence, transparency and putting people first, Castle and Purolator are well matched for many years of continued success in this partnership.” — David M. Combs, President, Castle Aviation
Purolator Inc. is a leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider. Celebrating over 60 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses and more places across North America and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 14,000 of its employees live, work and play.
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications